~ Budget Car Rental & Chauffeur Services Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia ~
This is a contract between “you” and Car Asia Travel Sdn. Bhd. (“we” “us” or “our”), setting out the terms and conditions that govern your use of, and interaction with the www.car-asia.com website (“Website”).
What do I get from Car Asia Travel?
- You get a vehicle in the rental class you have booked (or a comparable vehicle if a vehicle in that class is unavailable) for the period of time stated on the front page of the rental agreement. That rental agreement, these terms and conditions, the Vehicle Details and Conditions Report referred to below and (where applicable) a charge card authority form and any other document given to you by Thrifty at vehicle pick-up together comprise the Rental Agreement.
- You also get any equipment you have hired, for the period of time stated on the front page of the rental agreement.
- You will have access to standard roadside assistance, free of charge, where the assistance has been requested by you or an Additional Driver.
Persons Who May Drive The Rental Vehicle
The vehicle may be driven during the term of hire only by the persons named on the Rental Document or in a supplementary driver’s sheet attached to the Rental Agreement and only if they hold a current full valid driver’s licence appropriate for the vehicle while they are using the vehicle.
Use Of The Vehicle
The Hirer shall not:
- sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person;
- permit the vehicle to be operated outside their authority;
- operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in any race, speed test, trial, rally or contest;
- operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated to tow or push any other vehicle;
- carry hazardous or dangerous goods in or on the vehicle.
Obligations Of The Hirer
- The Hirer shall ensure that all reasonable care is taken in handling and parking the vehicle and that it is left securely locked when not in use.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the recommended levels are maintained with respect to the water in the radiator and battery of the vehicle, the oil and the tyre pressures of the vehicle.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to be aware of and act in compliance with all the Malaysia law and regulations.
- The Hirer is responsible for the cost of fuel used during the hire. If the Hirer elects to take the fuel purchase option at the start of the hire, no refund is made for remaining fuel on return of the vehicle.
- All Authorised Drivers are bound by the terms and conditions of the hire and must carry their driver’s licence with them when driving.
- If there is a defect or mechanical failure of the vehicle during the hire, the Hirer must notify the Owner within 12 hours. If the Hirer fails to notify the Owner within this time then the Hirer waivers the Owners obligations to investigate the issue of which the Hirer will be liable for any resulting damage.
- The Hirer shall ensure that a copy of this agreement is kept in the vehicle throughout the term of the hire and produced without delay for inspection on demand by an enforcement officer.
Information is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
The hirer acknowledges that any additional fee or charge under this Agreement is based on the Owner’s genuine and reasonable pre-estimation of loss or damage.